A small country in Southeast Asia where conflict between old and new had been going on for years was to engulf the United States in a war that eventually expanded beyond expectations to become one of the longest and most bitter engagements in American History. Despite an overwhelming advantage in material, using instruments of war such as the helicopter in ways never before seen in combat, the United States and its allies found themselves battling a determined foe in the jungles and rice paddies of Vietnam. Regardless of the political and moral outcome of the war, the individual Army and Marine soldier who fought there saw events in a very definitive manner, of war as it had always been fought, man against man in small firefights that would otherwise be lost to history. These small battles together form the story of war unique to history and to America's experience.
- 71 scenarios are included.
- Scenarios range in duration from a single-squad ambush scenario up to a 27 turn battalion-level melee.
- The major campaigns such as Starlite, Cedar Falls, Tet, and Hamburger Hill are all covered in detail.
- Players control squads or fire teams of men, individual leaders and individual vehicles in a variety of conditions.
- Based on a tried and true turn-based platform using 40 meter hexes and an intuitive interface allowing players to use a combination of mouse clicks, menu commands and hot keys to control their units.
- Supports single person play against the computer, two-person hot-seat, two-person Play-By-E-Mail, and multiplayer network play over LANs and the Internet.
- Scenario Design: John Tiller
- Historical Overview: Pat Blackman
- Playtesters: Greg Smith, John Kincaid, Mike Mundell, and Tom Wilson
System RequirementsWindows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Vietnam is available for sale at the John Tiller Software Store.