Austria suffered a major defeat at the hands of Napoleon in 1805. This led to the dissolution of the Holy Roman Empire. In 1809 Austria sought revenge for this insult. Austrian armies marched on Bavaria in an attempt to defeat Napoleon's forces while they were separated. The French and their allies proved they were up to the challenge and sent the Austrians packing. Now Napoleon is on the offensive and is racing towards Vienna. Take up your Marshall's baton as the French. Attempt to destroy the Austrian army before it can unite. Or as Archduke Charles, defeat Napoleon's forces on the legendary Marchfeld.
- Over 120 scenarios are included.
- A campaign game links together several battles to form the complete Napoleonic Wagram campaign.
- Covers Napoleon's campaign from the end of the Eckmuhl Campaign through the battles of Aspern-Essling and Wagram.
- Units represent historical regiments, battalions, skirmisher companies and artillery batteries, as well as all major leaders and unit commanders.
- Players can view units in several different modes, including 3-D "miniatures" style figures or NATO style military symbols.
- Each map hex is 100 meters across, and each turn averages 15 minutes of real time.
- Players can select formations for units and employ a wide array of tactics.
- There are also special rules for light infantry, heavy cavalry and pioneers.
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Scenario Design: Bill Peters
- Playtesters: Al Amos, Jeff Bardon, Charlie Cutshall, Ken Jones, Gary McClellan, Francisco "Paco" Palomo.
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB
This wargame is for sale at John Tiller Software Store.