In December and January of 1813 Napoleon's La Grande Armée limped back into Germany and Poland from the debacle that was the 1812 Russian campaign. Leaving Eugene to hold off the Allied onslaught, the Emperor returned to France to work his magic and out of the recruits of France a new army was formed.
Meanwhile, Eugene had fallen back in the face of the larger Allied host. The Prussians walked a diplomatic tight rope for the first months of the year but by March were in open revolt. The Prussian generals formed new forces in East Prussia and Silesia and other parts of the realm. Along with the standing army they were ready to stand with their Russian allies. England helped the Allies with cash and clothing and munitions. The Sixth Coalition was formed to liberate Germany and take the war to France. In the battles to come both sides would be sorely tested to hold their armies together.
Campaign Bautzen allows
the players to refight the battles of Lützen and the massive battle of
Bautzen, which was the largest land battle fought in Europe up to this
time, and many other actions of the Spring Campaign of 1813. Will the
Allies pull off a victory against Napoleon or will they succumb to his
mastery on the battlefield?
As a bonus included in this title are the battles of the Russo-Swedish War of 1808-09. Refight the actions in Finland and Sweden which pitted the Russians against their old foes the Swedes. Engage the Swedes in their homeland in the last actions of the war. It's all there for you to enjoy!
You can read more about the game in the Scenario Design Notes.
- Over 100 scenarios to include the classic battles of Lutzen and Bautzen as well as the majority of the actions of the Russo-Swedish War of 1808-09. Get the Scenario List here
- Tutorial scenario that helps the player learn the game system.
- Scenarios anywhere from 8 to over 100 turns are included which include all of the famous units that took part in the Spring Campaign of 1813 to include most of the early war Prussian formations. All of the major formations of the Russo-Swedish War are covered that fought in Finland.
- The Spring Campaign of 1813
- The Campaign of 1813 - a linking campaign that requires ownership of Campaign Leipzig
- Turn scale is either 10 or 5 minute moves (the latter is for the Russo-Swedish War scenarios which are covered using the Company Level scale format).
- A Design folder includes files and information that will aid the players in learning how to build their own scenarios.
- A Terrain Effects Chart is included that helps the players determine the effects of terrain and the movement allowance of their units.
- A Weapons Chart is included that allows the players to determine the range and effects of all weapons in the game.
- Over 70 maps (to include numerous sub maps) are included which depict the famous and not as well known locations of both wars. Several of the maps included were not used in the scenarios and can be used to create new actions.
- Scenario and Campaign Editors.
- Ship unit type added
- Dragoon cavalry type now functions as Medium Cavalry with their own distinct combat modifier.
- The Armies of 1813-14 - pictorial display of the uniforms and soldiers with a short description for each branch of service. Click here for sample.
- Scenario Designer Guide - a compilation of information which will help anyone interested in creating their own scenarios for the game.
- Terrain Chart
- Weapons Chart
- The Prussians of 1813 - a listing of their line and infantry regiments and certain reserve battalions which were formed up to fight. Includes uniform sytle listing and sample order of battle entries.
- Project Coordinators: Rich Hamilton and Bill Peters
- Scenario Design: Bill Peters and Richard White
- Graphics Team: Mark Adams, Joe "Amazing" Amoral
- Historical Consultants: Andrew Bamford, Warren Bajan, Set Karlsson, Lars Rössle, Oliver Schmidt and Rich White
- Scenario Maps: Bill Peters and Richard White (Company Level format for 1813 scenarios)
- Planning Maps: Bill Peters
- Playtesters: Warren Bajan, Dean Beecham, Ed Blackburn, Bill Cann, Pierre Desruisseaux, Garret Fitzgerald, Michael Fredel, Tim Goodwin, Tom and Set Karlsson, Francisco "Paco" Palomo
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, or 7
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB
This wargame is for sale at The John Tiller Software Store