John Tiller Software has had a number of contracts over the years with military customers such as the Air Force and Navy. Below is a list of contracts for which John Tiller Software was the prime or principle contractor and there are others for which John Tiller Software was a subcontractor. In many of these contracts, the Information Technology and Systems Center (ITSC) at the University of Alabama at Huntsville was a subcontractor.
In general, these projects involved developing professional military versions of the commercial software sold by John Tiller Software for research and education and so leveraged a great deal of existing development, user interface features, and multimedia. Likewise, under SBIR and STTR contracts, there is a requirement that the contractor commercialize the results of those contracts and this has resulted in enhancement to the commercial products. This combination of commercial and military development has produced a very high level of productivity that has benefited both commercial and military customers.
If you would like to request more information on any of these projects or would like to make an enquiry about a new project, please contact Support.
|TAV Interface Refinements||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||Sep 2012 - May 2013|
|TAV Nuclear, Leadership, Critical Thinking, and Decision Making Enhancements||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||Sep 2011 - Apr 2012|
|Virtual Air and Space Operations Center (VAOC)||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||Aug 2011 - Aug 2012|
|Innovative Combat Simulation to Craft Tomorrow's UAV Operational Doctrine, Phase I STTR||Air Force Rome Research Lab, Rome, New York||May 2010 - Feb 2011|
|Research into Future Naval Combat||Navy Strategic Studies Group, Newport, Rhode Island||May 2010 - Jun 2010|
|Nuclear Enterprise Task - TAV Simulation||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||Oct 2009 -
|Basic Studies on Electro-Energetic Physics Weapons Technologies||Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, Virginia||Aug 2009 - Sep 2014|
|Deployment Editor TAV Enhancements||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||May 2009 - Sep 2009|
|Air Operations Center TAV Enhancements||Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama||Nov 2008 - Mar 2009|
|Advanced Combat Simulation for More Effective Anti-Terrorist Operations, Phase I STTR||Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, Virginia||Aug 2007 - May 2008|
|Modern Air Power Cyber-Kinetic Simulation||Air Force Rome Research Lab, Rome, New York||Jul 2007 -
|Research into Optimal Tactics for Asymmetric Warfare||Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, Virginia||Apr 2006 -
|Modern Air Power Visualization Project, ETTAP||Air Education and Training Command, San Antonio, Texas||Oct 2004 -
|Adaptive Artificial Intelligence for Next Generation Conflict, Phase II STTR||Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, Virginia||May 2004 - Aug 2006|
|Adaptive Artificial Intelligence for Next Generation Conflict, Phase I STTR||Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, Virginia||Aug 2003 - May 2004|
John Tiller Software has developed a large amount of proprietary simulation technology over the years that provides the basis for very efficient project development over a wide variety of military settings.
- Squad Battles - A turn-based squad-level tactical simulation engine focusing on small unit tactics. For evaluation, contact Support and request Squad Battles: Modern War.
- Armor Battles - A turn-based platoon-level tactical simulation engine focusing on ranged fire engagements. Currently under development.
- Modern Campaigns - A turn-based operational level simulation engine. For evaluation, contact Support and request Modern Campaigns: Danube Front.
- Strategic War - A turn-based grand operational simulation engine. For evaluation, contact Support and request Strategic War: War on the Southern Front.
- Naval Campaigns - A real-time naval simulation engine. For evaluation, contact Support and request Naval Campaigns: Midway.
- Modern Air Power - A real-time airpower simulation engine. For evaluation, contact Support and request Modern Air Power: War Over The Mideast.